Is it time? Are you ready to sell your home? Great, sounds good – but what’s the plan or have you thought about a plan?
How you make your plan and the steps that follow could make this whole ‘selling’ thing either be a possible success or a maybe a disaster. The most important thing to remember in making a plan is where to start. As with building a sound structure, it all starts with a strong foundation. I mean, if you were looking for someone to do your tax return –I doubt you would be calling a plumber, right. Unless, that is-the plumber is also a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and then you’re good to go. As you can imagine, contacting an experienced professional in the field can be one of the smartest places to start.
Now, let’s get back to selling your house. We left off at looking for a strong foundation and what a better place to look than at a Licensed Real Estate Professional and local REALTOR ®. Choosing a partner to assist you with the process creates a solid framework for a well thought-out plan.
There are many reasons, but here are what I feel can be the Top 10! This is no ‘David Letterman Top 10’…and there will be no drum roll or fancy music –just what very well may be …The Top 10 reasons for hiring a REALTOR® to help sell your home.
- Local Experience – A REALTOR® will use their experience in the market place to advise you on the things you need to know to make sure your home sells, and sells fast. Not to mention, they will be there to help you handle all of the big & little questions that can creep up along the way.
- Local Marketplace Know-How – A REALTOR® will get you up to speed in getting to know the market place. Knowledge is a powerful ingredient that can help you market your home, pick the right selling price, and create the best marketing plan.
- Local Pricing Guidance – Making sure you set the right sale price can mean the difference between selling your home quick or maybe not at all. A REALTOR® will provide their experience along with a detailed Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) that can assist the plan in selling your home fast.
- Staging Techniques – How do you make sure your home shows in tip-top shape? How to highlight the things people should love about your home -just like you do? A REALTOR® will help you by suggesting effective staging techniques that makes sure everything shows in the best light.
- Ensuring Security – The safety of your family and the security of your home is a top priority. A REALTOR® will ensure that the people that come into your home are there for the right reasons.
- Marketing Plan – A REALTOR® will create a marketing plan that places your home on the local MLS, as well as creating a plan that syndicates and showcases your home to unlimited online portals and channels. This dynamically increases the audience of national as well as local buyers for your home. Also, a REALTOR® will promote the home through promotional flyers, local marketing and holding Open Houses.
- Negotiation Skills – You have priced the home, it has shown great, and now you are ready to entertain offers. There is more than you can imagine that goes into an offer that evolves into a contract. In fact, you may need to counter or reject some along the way. A REALTOR® in your corner can explain the offer and what it means in dollars & cents as well as necessary timeframes that will help you make a decision -ultimately establishing your best possible bottom line.
- Understanding Closing Costs – Knowing what you will be responsible for and how that affects the closing statement are very important. A REALTOR® has experience from a multitude of closings and can make sure you know about what costs affect you the most. With the right resources, you won’t pay more than your share.
- Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork – and then before it is all said and done –some more paperwork! In a standard residential transaction, there are forms, contracts, addendums, disclosures, and maybe an amendment or two and that just continues with the title work and all kinds of other paperwork that will need to be properly completed as part of a sale. Your REALTOR® is there to save you from the confusion and frustration.
- After the sale – building a relationship with a REALTOR® ensures that you have someone to talk to after the sale to answer those questions you never thought you would have. Also, when you or someone in your family is ready to buy another home -they are there to help you again & again!